Monday 18 May 2015

Afraid to Tell Her...

This continues discussion of the preceding article by Dr. Dawn Michael at The Happy Spouse blog. That article was followed by various comments, one of which is posted here.  It has been lightly edited without permission to improve readability.
____________
'I discovered my wife had sex with a close friend of mine. We had planned dinner with him at our home when I got called away for work. She accidentally left her damp patties in the living room for me to discover after I got home late. I also found a slick wetness in our bed when I joined her already sleeping. They don't know I know. I got angry at first, then curious, and now I am constantly aroused by it.'
'Lately, I have to work to avoid becoming aroused when we are all together. Now what? Does that make me a cuckold? Last night he was over for beverages. He hugged her close when he arrived and gave him a nice warm and friendly kiss. There was so much sexual tension in the room. I actually tried to find ways to leave them alone in the living room for several minutes at a time.'

'The evening went on but with little more than a suggested atmosphere of attraction between them. I could tell they were ready to jump each other. When he left he thanked us for a great night then turned to her as she was offering him another hug. Wow. He actually gave her a serious hug and she gave him a longer warmer kiss. He left. She went to bed. I joined her in a few minutes. I was afraid to tell her how turned on I was from watching. But I was even more afraid that she'd see it for herself. As it was, she was asleep.'
____________

Here, a husband worked through his feelings related to his wife's 'infidelity' and emerged from this process with deep, sexual arousal. Ironically, he feels that he must hide his response from his wife. Does he fear that her reaction would be less than positive if she knew what caused his arousal? Or, could it be that he fears that her reaction would be very positive, that she would take charge of the direction of the relationship and leave him helpless as she became even more open with other men?

This husband's initial response to his wife's exploration is anger. But soon, that attitude evolves from anger to curiosity, from curiosity to arousal, and from arousal to continual arousal. At length, he finds himself fighting his arousal when they are al together.

It is fascinating that even though he feels sexual tension flooding the atmosphere, even though he knows that his wife is sexing him, this husband continues to receive into his home this friend who is sexing his wife.

Moreover, this husband seeks ways [multiple!] to leave his wife and her lover alone together thereby encouraging them to share affection. He has adopted the role of their facilitator. He seems further aroused by the emboldened display between his wife and this other man, and finds his proximity to his wife to be sexually stimulating for only for her, but for himself as well.

Perhaps readers have similar experiences or stories and will submit these to be posted on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment